Natural Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
The force with which blood pushes against blood vessel walls is called blood pressure. The arteries carrier our blood throughout the body. when this pressure gets higher than normal it is called high blood pressure and it becomes dangerous. Because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood into the arteries. This causes hardening of arteries and can lead to heart failure. The normal blood pressure range is under 120/80. When the blood pressure goes above 130/80 , it is considered as high blood pressure. But don’t worry there are numerous of home remedies for high blood pressure. Following are some of the diseases which are caused as a result of high blood pressure.
• Heart disease
• Kidney disease
• Hardening of arteries
• Eye damage
Some natural home remedies for high blood pressure are as following:-
1. The most effective home remedy for high blood pressure is taking Garlic. Effects of garlic in lowering blood pressure has been proven scientifically. Taking two three cloves of raw garlic or in the form of capsules is the best home remedy for high blood pressure.
2. Another effective home remedy for high blood pressure is Indian gooseberry(Amla). Take one tablespoon juice of fresh amla and mix it with equal amount of honey. Take this mixture daily in the morning to lower the effect of high blood pressure .
3. For immediate relief in high blood pressure squeeze a lemon in the water and drink immediately.
4. Eat fresh papaya daily empty stomach regularly for a month. This will help in curing high blood pressure.
5. Mix one tablespoon of honey and mix it with juice of half a onion. Taking two tablespoon two times daily is a great home remedy for high blood pressure.
6. Take the skin of drumstick tree. Squeeze its essence by pressing it well. In the morning take 30ml of this essence mixed with 30ml honey for three days. This will surely cure high blood pressure. Don’t take more than three days. Repeat the course after 15 days.
7. Eating green vegetables like spinach, cabbage celery also helps in curing high blood pressure.
8. Take the mixture of equal amount of watermelon seeds and khas-khas seeds or poppy seeds empty stomach in the morning as well as in the evening. It is a good home remedy for high blood pressure.
9. Consume fenugreek seeds two times a day. It helps a lot in lowering your high blood pressure.
10. Mix basil (tulsi) leaves with neem leaves in1/4 glass of water. Take it empty stomach daily for few days. It will help in curing high blood pressure.11. Baked potato also benefits in high blood pressure.
12. Eating watermelon also is a good home remedy for high blood pressure.
13. Vegetable juices, especially of carrot and spinach are very beneficial home remedy for high blood pressure.
14. Fish oil supplements also helps in curing high blood pressure naturally as it contains DHA and EPA.
15. Mix 1 tsp honey with 1 tsp ginger juice and 1 tsp cumin powder and have it twice a day. This is a wonderful home remedy for high blood pressure.
10 Reasons why drinking water is good for you
Get healthy skin. Drinking water moisturizes your skin from the inside out. Water is essential to maintaining elasticity and suppleness and helps prevent dryness.
Lose weight. Increased water consumption can help you control weight by preventing you from confusing hunger with thirst. Water will also keep your body systems working properly, including metabolism and digestion, and give you the energy (and hydration) necessary for exercise. Not many people know that water contains no calories so drink as much as you like because you won't gain calories.:)
Flush toxins. By helping to flush toxins, appropriate water intake lessens the burden on your kidneys and liver.
Reduce your risk of a heart attack. Researchers at Loma Linda University in California studied more than 20,000 healthy men and women and found that people who drink more than five glasses of water a day were less likely to die from a heart attack or heart disease than those who drank fewer than two glasses a day.
5. Cushion and lube your joints and muscles. Water makes up a large part of the fluid that lubricates and cushions your joints and muscles. Drinking water before, during, and after exercise can also help reduce muscle cramping and premature fatigue.
6. Stay regular. Water helps prevent constipation by adding fluid to the colon and bulk to stools, making bowel movements softer and easier to pass.
7. Stay hydrated, get energized, and be alert. On average, most adults lose about 10 cups of fluid a day through sweating, exhaling, urinating, and bowel movements. Even minor dehydration can cause impaired concentration, headaches, irritability, and fatigue.
8 Regulate your body temperature. Perspiration is your body's natural mechanism to control body temperature. And to sweat, you need plenty of water.
9. Reduce your risk of disease and infection Water can help prevent kidney stones and reduce your chances of getting bladder, kidney, and urinary tract infections. One study found that women who drank more than five glasses of water a day had a risk of colon cancer that was 45 percent less than those who drank two or fewer glasses a day.
10. Get well. The traditional prescription to "drink plenty of fluids" when you're sick still holds strong. Water can help control a fever, replace lost fluids, and thin out mucus.
Disclaimer: Contents in this site / blog are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical or health advice, examination, probable diagnosis, or recommended treatments.
Powder 100 gm melon seeds and 100 gm poppy seeds (khus-khus). Mix and store in a clean container. Consume 1 tsp with water morning and evening.
A clove of garlic is highly recommended for high blood pressure. Chew one clove of garlic first thing every morning and wash it down with water. The garlic can also be coarsely pound and swallowed with water.
Make a juice of 25-30 curry leaves with 1 cup of water. Strain and drink first thing in the morning. Limejuice can be added for taste.
In the same manner coriander or fenugreek leaves can be tried they won't harm in any way and at the same time one can find out what is best suited to their system.
Mix 1 tsp honey with 1 tsp ginger juice and 1 tsp cumin powder. Have twice a day.